Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Asian Skin Care MADNESS!!! LOL @ Estee Lauder counter sales girl…(no harm intended)

 

Just a little something that happened when I visited the Estee Lauder counter the other day…xD

So as we all know….well….I assumed that most know anyway…Asians are especially OBSESSED with their skin care!!!
It’s ways been in the Asian culture, that taking care of your skin (ie. having smooth, silky, and porcelain skin,) showed your societal status. The skin care market is HUUUUGE in Asia, and as Michelle Phan pointed out, that an Asian female averages about NINE skin products per day!

I don’t know about you, but I think I average more than 9 products per day…O.O

Anyway…

So to me, it was always INTUITIVE that you layer your skin care products!! Even if you’re NOT Asian, and you don’t use a S*** load of products on your face daily, layering is still the technique that you use to apply your eye cream before your serum, and your moisturizer after righhhht?

So I was at the Estee Lauder counter 2 weeks ago, and I was thinking of investing into the Nutritious moisturizer. I told the sales girl that I was looking for a very LIGHT WEIGHT and liquid-y moisturizer. She asked me: well you don’t seem that oily, if you use a thin moisturizer you it might not be enough…and I told her that it was okay because I layer a couple different moisturizers and that there was no problem with my skin drying out….

After I said that to her, she had the most STARTLED look on her face~! And she looked at me and said:

 

 

“YOU LAYER YOUR MOISTURIZERS~?!?~?!?~?! BUT WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT~?!?~?!~ O.O”

 

 

I’m not sure about all of you, but I wasn’t quite sure HOW exactly I should answer her…so I just said:  well I have a couple different moisturizers with different functions, and I just use them combined….

She still had that SHOCKED look on her face and blankly replied: “…oh….okay…."

 

Like I mentioned in the title, there’s no intention of harming her in anyway, I just thought that this was very amusing and INTERESTING…

I have always layer my skincare products and a presumed that everyone else also did it. O.O

So…….What do you guys that are reading this post, think???? Am I just an exception or do you also layer your moisturizers??????,

 

Let me know!!

 

Thanks for reading! xD

3 comments:

well I only have two moisturizers and only later the thick one on if I need it, and I only have 3 skin care products total but I'm not Asian ;) anyway I would like to know: what are the 9 products u use?? I love beauty and skin care and I think layering products is genius! especially moisturizers cuz I understand the different kinds like one could have a whitening factor and the other could have SPF or something... so yeah... anyway I'd love to know the products you use! thanks! ~abi

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More